|My Pecche ancestors|
01. William Pecche was born abt. 1058 of Dolham & Clopton, Suffolk, England. He married Isilia Bourges in abt. 1097
02. Hamon Pecche, son of William and Isilia was born abt. 1100 in Clopton, Suffolk, England. He married Alice Peverell, daughter of Robert and Adelicia Deinecort before 1135.
03. Gilbert Pecche , son of Hamon and Alice was born abt. 1145 of Great Bealings, Suffolk, England. He married Alice FitzWalter, daughter of Walter FitzRobert and Maud De Lucy in abt. 1186. Before his brother's death he went on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. As a knight of the Abbot of Bury he took part in 1196 in the dispute between Abbot Sampson and his tenants about their service. He received the freedom of Ipswich under their recent charter, November 1200. In 1201 he was assessed 58 marks for not having crossed the seas with the King.
04. Hamon II Pecche, son of Gilbert and Alice was born abt. 1187 in Chereley, Cambridgeshire, England. He was a minor at his father's death. His wife's name was Eve. He was crossing the sea on duty for the King in 1230, and had protection to visit his lands abroad in 1232. In 1233 he was serving in the Welsh marches. Later he went on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, on which he died probably in the summer of 1241. His body was brought home and buried in Barnwell Priory. He was a benefactor of Colchester Abbey and of Sibton.
05. Gilbert II Pecche, son of Hamon and Eve was born abt. 1220 in Corby, Lincolnshire, England. He married (1) Maud de Hastinges who died in 1264/5. He then married (2) Joan De Creye, daughter of Simon De Creye and widow of Richard De Dover. In February 1283/4 he surrendered to the King and Queen Eleanor all his lands held in chief in consideration of an annuity equivalent to the yearly value of such lands. The reason for the surrender may have been to disinherit his children by his first wife.
06. Gilbert III Pecche, son of Gilbert and Joan was born abt. 1262 in Corby, Lincolnshire, England. Gilbert was the first Baron Pecche. He married Isolda (Iseult) abt 1300. In the last months of his life he appears to have been Steward of the King's Household. Between 1299 and 1321 he was summoned to Parliament where he became Lord Pecche and then a Knight in the Household of Edward I and II. He as also a Steward of the King's Household in the last months of his life.
07. Gilbert IV Pecche, son of Gilbert and Isolda was born in 1306 in Bitchfield, Lincolnshire, England. He became, Baron Pecche at age 16 in 1622 at his father's death. He did homage and had order for livery of his inheritance, 19 March 1327/8. He was already a knight in 1328 and served in the campaigns in France 1342, 1346, and 1347. Gilbert was never summoned to Parliament. He married Joan De Weyland abt. 1330.
08. Katherine Pecche, daughter of Gilbert and Joan was born abt 1339. She married Thomas Notebeme. Katherine died on November 23, 1443. I descend from their daughter Margaret Notebeme who married John Hinkley.
|Surnames that married into my Pecche family|
|BOURGES||DE CREYE||DE WEYLAND|
|Pecche Charlemagne connections|
The ancestry of Gilbert Pecche's wife Alice FitzWalter can be traced back to Charlemagne. Visit my Charlemagne descent page for details.
My Descent From The Pecche Line
|29||William Pecche (c1058-bef 1158)||Isilia Bourges (c1072-)|
|28||Hamon Pecche (c1100-bef 1185)||Alice Peverell (c1110-)|
|27||Gilbert Pecche (c1145-1212)||Alice FitzWalter (c1150-)|
|26||Hamon II Pecche (c1187-1241)||Eve (c1192-)|
|25||Gilbert II Pecche (c1220-1291)||Joan De Creye (c1222-)|
|24||Gilbert III Pecche (c1262-1322)||Isolda (c1264-1322)|
|23||Gilbert IV Pecche (1306-1349)||Joan De Weyland (c1308-)|
|22||Thomas Notebeme (c1352-1406)||Katherine Pecche (c1339-1406)|
|21||John Hinkley (c1382-1432)||Margaret Notebeme (c1378-1443)|
|20||Henry Caldebeck (c1412-1445)||Cecily Hinkley (c1412-)|
|19||Thomas Underhill (c1442-1509)||Thomasine Caldebeck (c1430-)|
|18||Thomas Knighton (c1470-1544)||Anne Underhill (c1470-)|
|17||Charles Bull (c1490-1532)||Joan Nighton (1494-)|
|16||Richard Bull (c1511-1585)||Alice Hunt (c1532-)|
|15||John Lawrence (1561-1609)||Elizabeth Bull (c1562-1609)|
|14||Thomas Lawrence (1588-1609)||Joan Antrobus (1592-1659)|
|13||Thomas Burnham (1623-1694)||Marie Lawrence (1625-1715)|
|12||John Clark (1639-1709)||Mary Burnham (1652-1723)|
|11||Thomas Clark (1674-)||Elizabeth Leonard (1683-1746)|
|10||Thomas Clark (1708-)||Sarah Woodward (1717-1750)|
|9||Samuel Adams (1737-1809)||Sarah Clark (1739-1818)|
|8||Miles Jones (1764-1812)||Mehitable Adams (1771-1812)|
|7||Miles Jones (1794-1885)||Pamelia Turner (1805-1883)|
|6||Darius Benjamin Jones (1834-1918)||Marquerite Cowan (1835-1906)|
|5||Nathaniel Henry Hawk (1858-1944)||Anna Irene Jones (1868-1936)|
|4||Ernest August Schwiening (1873-1944)||Grace Myrtle Hawk (1885-1984)|
|3||William Edward Marshall (1901-1981)||Irene Sophia Schwiening (1908-1992)|
|2||William Edward Marshall|
|1||Tod Howard Marshall|
This page was created on 01/26/14 and last updated on 10/02/16
Return to my main page