|My Honford ancestors|
01. John Honford was born abt. 1347. He married (1) Margaret De Praers, co-heir of William de Praers of Baddiley, Cheshire, and widow of Hugh del Holt. He married (2) Emma de la Pole. John died on December 27, 1393.
02. Sir John Honford, son of John and Margaret was born in 1373. He married Elizabeth. In 1397 John who, four years previously, had succeeded as heir to the paternal estate of Handforth, had a grant from the Crown of an annuity of iocs., the King having retained him in his service for life. He did not, however, long enjoy it, his death occurring on December 8, 1400, when John de Honford, his son, then only nine years of age, succeeded as heir.
03. Sir John Honford, son of John and Elizabeth was born in 1391. He married Joan. He served in the French wars, and was knighted as a result, probably at the battle of Verneuil in 1424. In 1434 he was captain of the bridge at Rosen, and in 1444 he was a justice in eyre in Cheshire. John died abt. 1461.
04. Sir John Hondford, son of John and Joan was born abt 1421 in Cheadle, Cheshire, England. He married Margaret Warren, daughter of Sir Laurence Warren and Margaret Bulkeley. He had the manor of Hondford, as well as others, conveyed to him in 1461. John died in October, 1473.
05. John Honford, son of
John and Margaret was born abt. 1435 in Clifton, Cheshire, England. He
married Margaret Savage,
daughter of John Savage and
Catherine Stanley. He died
abt. 1480. The children of John and Margaret are:
06. Katherine Honford, daughter of John and Margaret was born in 1471 in Honford, Cheshire, England. She married John Mainwaring, son of John Mainwaring and Maud Legh. Katherine died in 1529. I descend from their son Randall Mainwaring who married Elizabeth Brereton.
|Surnames that married into my Honford family|
|Honford documents on the internet|
|The Honford line is frequently referenced in the book "Historic sites of Lancashire and Cheshire." Which is available online here.|
|"East Cheshire: Past and Present" by John Parsons Earwaker (1877) - Free Ebook with several pages on the Honford line - available here starting at page 380|
My Descent From The Honford Line
|22||John Honford (1347-1393)||Margaret De Praers|
|21||Sir John Honford (1373-1400)||Elizabeth|
|20||Sir John Honford (1391-1461)||Joan|
|19||John Honford (c1421-1473)||Margaret Warren (c1418-)|
|18||John Honford (c1435-c1485)||Margaret Savage (c1450-1525)|
|17||John Mainwaring (1471-1515)||Katherine Honford (1471-1529)|
|16||Sir Randall Mainwaring (c1495-1577)||Elizabeth Brereton (c1505-1545)|
|15||Sir Arthur Mainwaring (c1520-1590)||Margaret Mainwaring (c1521-)|
|14||Richard Cotton (1539-1602)||Mary Mainwaring (1541-1578)|
|13||George Abell (1561-1631)||Frances Cotton (1565-1630)|
|12||Robert Abell (1589)||Joanna (1610-1671)|
|11||Caleb Abell (1646-1731)||Margaret Post (1653-1700)|
|10||Zachariah Loomis (1681-1751)||Joanna Abell (1682-1759)|
|9||Ebenezer Jones (1718-1800)||Zerviah Loomis (1724-1808)|
|8||Miles Jones (1764-1812)||Mehitable Adams (1771-1812)|
|7||Miles Jones (1794-1885)||Pamelia Turner (1805-1883)|
|6||Darius Benjamin Jones (1834-1918)||Marquerite Cowan (1835-1906)|
|5||Nathaniel Henry Hawk (1858-1944)||Anna Irene Jones (1868-1936)|
|4||Ernest August Schwiening (1873-1944)||Grace Myrtle Hawk (1885-1984)|
|3||William Edward Marshall (1901-1981)||Irene Sophia Schwiening (1908-1992)|
|2||William Edward Marshall|
|1||Tod Howard Marshall|
This page was created on 01/30/14 and last updated on 01/30/14
Return to my main page