My Evarts ancestors
01. William Evarts was born at Tortworth, Gloucestershire, England, 1569-70. He married Sarah Everhard in 1593, who inherited an interest in the Everhard estate of Hertfordshire. The Everhards were closely connected by marriage with the famous Hicks family who bore coats of arms and descended from Sir Ellis Hicks who was Knighted by Edward the Black Prince at the battle of Poictiers, Sept. 19, 1356. It is also recorded that Sarah and William Evarts died at an advanced age in Hertfordshire.
02. John Evarts, son of William and Sarah was born in 1601 in Hertfordshire, England. He married Elizabeth Bradley before 1638 in Concord, Middlesex, MA. Elizabeth is the daughter of William Bradley and Johanna Waddington. In about 1650 he removed to Guilford, CT where he was an admitted planter. John died on May 10, 1669 in Guilford, New Haven, CT.
03. James Evarts, son of John and Eliazabeth was born on July 19, 1638 in Concord, Middlesex, MA. He married Lydia Goodrich on January 14, 1660 in Guilford, New Haven, CT. Lydia is the daughter of Richard Goodrich. James died in April, 1682 in Guilford.
04. John Evarts, son of James and Lydia was born abt 1664 in Guilford, New Haven, CT. He married Sarah Crampton on October 23, 1688 in Guilford. Sarah is the daughter of Dennis Crampton and Sarah Hall. John died on ?
05. Patience Evarts, daughter of John and Sarah was born on May 2, 1695 in Guilford, New Haven, CT. She married Benjamin Jones in 1716. Patience died on April 24, 1770 in Coventry, CT. I descend from Patience and Benjamin's son Ebenezer Jones who married Zerviah Loomis.
|Migration pattern of my Evarts family|
|England -- Massachusetts -- Connecticut|
|"History of the Adams & Evarts Families" by J. M. Adams (1894) - This book is available for browsing by subscribing to genealogylibrary.com|
|"John Evarts of Guilford, Conn. and His Descendants" by Smyth, Ralph D., Hon. (Jan. 1907)|
|"The Kirbys of New England" by Melatiah Everett Dwight|
This page was last updated on 11/21/03
Return to my main page