|My Lacon ancestors|
The following history on the Lacon line is from
01. Sir Robert De Lake was of Lake, Shropshire.
02. Richard De Lake, son of Robert flourished from 1200 to 1227. He married (1) Gilian De Sandford, sister of the first Ralph de Sandford, and (2) Elena, widow of Richard de Bradwall of Bradwall in Cheshire.
03. Richard De Lake, son of Richard was living about 1235.
04. William Laken, son of Richard flourished from 1255 to 1284. He married Elizabeth St. Owen (or St. John).
05. Richard Lacon, son of William sat on a Longslow Inquest in 1290, and served on a jury in 1316. He married Helena Burnell.
06. John Lacon, son of Richard and Helena was listed in the return of 1324 as a man-at-arms, and was summoned to attend the Great Council at Westminster; he was living in 1357. He married Elizabeth Stanlowe, daughter of Sir John Stanlowe of Staffordshire.
07. Robert Lacon, son of John and Elizabeth married (1) Isabel (2) Ellen Cotton. In 1343 he was admitted on the Roll of Guild Merchant of Salop.
08. Alan Lacon, son of Robert and Ellen was living in 1375. He married Agnes Pembrugge, daughter of Walter Pembrugge.
09. William Lacon, son of Alan and Agnes was born abt 1350. He married Margaret Paslowe. A retainer of Henry of Bolingbroke, he was murdered in London in 1397, while on his way to Westminster to prosecute a suit against Sir John Hawkstone in the Sept. Parliament.
10. Sir Richard Lacon, son of William and Margaret ws born abt 1380. He married Elizabeth Peshall in abtou1 1409, the heiress of Sir Hamon de Peshall and widow of Henry Grendon. As neither Sir John Hawkstone, his father's murderer, nor his accomplice, Robert Kendale, Esq., were brought to justice, and indeed were pardoned fully by King Richard II, Richard was no doubt in support of Henry of Bolingbroke and became closely attached to Thomas Fitz Alan, Earl of Arundel. He was Knight of the Shire for county Salop (or Shropshire); In 1415 he took part in the siege of Harfleur, and probably also the battle of Agincourt. On Dec 1, 1415 he was named to a term as Sheriff of Shropshire, where he served as justice of the pearce in 1422-1423. in Feb. 1419 he was a member of King Henry V's own retinue en route to France.
11. William Lacon, son of Richard was born abt 1420. He married Magdalene Wisham, daughter of Sir Richard Wisham of Holt in Worcestershire. He was appointed Sheriff of Shropshire on November 8, 1451. He died in 1479.
12. Sir Richard Lacon, son of William and Magdalene was born abt 1453. He married Margery Horde, daughter of Thomas Horde. Richard was appointed Sheriff of Shropshire in 1476, 1486 and 1497. He was named Knight of the Bath on January 17, 1477 in connection with the marriage on January 15, 1477 of Richard, Duke of York, the King Edward IV's second son, to Ann, daughter of John, Duke of Norfolk. Richard died on July 1, 1503.
13. Joan Lacon, daughter of Richard and Margery was born about 1478. She married Sir John Mainwaring, son of Thomas Mainwaring and Jane De Sutton. Joan died on April 13, 1524. I descend from their son Richard Mainwaring who married Dorothy Corbet.
|Surnames that married into my Lacon family|
My Descent From The Lacon Line
|18||Sir Richard Lacon (1445-1503)||Margery Horde|
|17||Sir John Mainwaring (1475-1516)||Joan Lacon (1477-1524)|
|16||Sir Richard Mainwaring (1499-1558)||Dorothy Corbet (1498-)|
|15||Sir Arthur Mainwaring (1520-1590)||Margaret Mainwaring (1521-)|
|14||Richard Cotton (1539-1602)||Mary Mainwaring (1541-1578)|
|13||George Abell (1561-1631)||Frances Cotton (1565-1630)|
|12||Robert Abell (1589)||Joanna (1610-1671)|
|11||Caleb Abell (1646-1731)||Margaret Post (1653-1700)|
|10||Zachariah Loomis (1681-1751)||Joanna Abell (1682-1759)|
|9||Ebenezer Jones (1718-1800)||Zerviah Loomis (1724-1808)|
|8||Miles Jones (1764-1812)||Mehitable Adams (1771-1812)|
|7||Miles Jones (1794-1885)||Pamelia Turner (1805-1883)|
|6||Darius Benjamin Jones (1834-1918)||Marquerite Cowan (1835-1906)|
|5||Nathaniel Henry Hawk (1858-1944)||Anna Irene Jones (1868-1936)|
|4||Ernest August Schwiening (1873-1944)||Grace Myrtle Hawk (1885-1984)|
|3||William Edward Marshall (1901-1981)||Irene Sophia Schwiening (1908-1992)|
|2||William Edward Marshall|
|1||Tod Howard Marshall|
This page was last updated on 01/22/14
Return to my main page