|My Zouche Ancestors|
The Zouche family is descended from Alan de la Zouche, a Breton who settled in England during the reign of Henry II.
02. Geoffrey La Zouche , son of Alan and Constance was born abt 1126. He married Hawise De Bretagne, daughter of Alain IV Fergent de Bretagne, Duc de Bretagne and Ermisende d'Anjou. He gained the title of Vicomte de Porhoët, in Brittany.
03. Alan La Zouche , son of Geoffrey and Hawise was born abt. 1157. He emigrated to England arriving before 1172. He married Alice De Belmeis, daughter of Philip de Belmeis and Maud de Meschines. Alan died in 1190.
04. Roger La Zouche , son of Alan and Alice was born abt. 1182. He married Margaret Beaumont. In 1205 he did military service in France under Geoffrey, son of King John.1 He held the office of Sherrif of Devon between 1228 and 1231. He lived at Ashby-de-la-Zouche, Leicestershire, England. Roger died before May 14, 1238.
Eudo La Zouche
, son of
Roger and Margaret was born abt 1244. He married
Millicent De Cauntelo, the daughter of William De
Cauntelo and Eva De Braose. I descend from their daughter
Eve La Zouche (c1273-1314) who married
Sir Maurice De Berkeley.
06. Roger La Zouche , son of Alan and Helen was born abt. 1242. He married Eleanor De Longespee , daughter of Stephen Longespee and Emmeline De Riddlesford. Roger died before October 15, 1285 in Ashby, Leicestershire, England.
07. Alan La Zouche , 1st Baron La Zouche of Ashby and son of Roger and Eleanor was born on October 9, 1267 in Ashby, Leicestershire, England. He married Eleanor Segrave. He received his lands after paying homage to the King on October 13, 1289. He was governor of Rockingham Castle and steward of Rockingham Forest. Alan died on March 25, 1314 in Brackley, Northamptonshire, England.
|08. Maud La Zouche , daughter of Alan and Elearnor was born in 1290 in Ashby, Leicestershire, England. She married Robert De Holand . Maud died on May 31, 1349 in Brackley, Northamptonshire, England. I decend from their daughter Matilda De Holland who married Thomas Swynnerton (c1335-1381).|
My Descent From The Zouche Line
|25||Alan La Zouche (c1093-)||Constance of Bretagne|
|24||Geoffrey La Zouche (c1126-)||Hawise Fergan|
|23||Alan La Zouche (c1157-1190)||Alice Belmeis (c1160-)|
|22||Roger La Zouche (c1182-1238)||Margaret Beaumont (c1179-1232)|
|21||Sir Maurice De Berkeley (1271-1326)||Eve Le Zouche (c1273-1314)|
|20||Sir Thomas De Berkeley (1293-1361)||Katherine Clivedon (1310-1385)|
|19||Sir John Berkeley (1351-1418)||Elizabeth Betteshorne (1353-)|
|18||John Sutton (1400-1487)||Elizabeth Berkeley (1400-1478)|
|17||Thomas Mainwaring (1450-1508)||Jane De Sutton (1455-)|
|16||John Cotton (1465-)||Cicely Mainwaring (1470-)|
|15||George Cotton (1505-1545)||Mary Onley (1517-1560)|
|14||Richard Cotton (1539-1602)||Mary Mainwaring (1541-1578)|
|13||George Abell (1561-1631)||Frances Cotton (1565-1630)|
|12||Robert Abell (1589-1663)||Joanna (1610-1672)|
|11||Caleb Abell (1646-1731)||Margaret Post (1653-1700)|
|10||Zachariah Loomis (1681-1751)||Joanna Abell (1682-1759)|
|9||Ebenezer Jones (1718-1800)||Zerviah Loomis (1724-1808)|
|8||Miles Jones (1764-1812)||Mehitable Adams (1771-1812)|
|7||Miles Jones (1794-1885)||Pamelia Turner (1805-1883)|
|6||Darius Benjamin Jones (1834-1918)||Marquerite Cowan (1835-1906)|
|5||Nathaniel Henry Hawk (1858-1944)||Anna Irene Jones (1868-1936)|
|4||Ernest August Schwiening (1873-1944)||Grace Myrtle Hawk (1885-1984)|
|3||William Edward Marshall (1901-1981)||Irene Sophia Schwiening (1908-1992)|
|2||William Edward Marshall|
|1||Tod Howard Marshall|
This page was created on 01/29/14 and last updated on 10/01/16
Return to my main page