|My Dutton ancestors|
01. Hodard (Odard) Dutton, progenitor of the family in England came over from Normandy, France in 1066 with William the Conqueror. He settled in the town of Dutton, in Cheshire which he received as part of the distributed conquered lands. He had 5 brothers: Edard, Wolmere, Horswyne, Wolfarth and Nigell. His sword has been preserved for 6 centuries and in possession of the direct heirs of Dutton. Hodard died abt. 1096 in Cheshire.
02. Hugh Dutton, son of Hodard and Lord of Dutton married Alice Prichard, daughter of Sir Nicholas Prichard. Hugh died in 1130.
03. Hugh Dutton, son of Hugh and Alice was born abt. 1128. He married Alice Prescott, daughter of Sir Richard Prescott.
04. Hugh Dutton, son of Hugh and Alice was born abt. 1155. He married Isabel De Massy, daughter of Hamon De Massy.
05. Hugh Dutton, son of Hugh and Isabel was born abt. 1194. He married Muriel Le Despenser, daughter of Thomas Le Despenser.
06. Thomas Dutton, son of Hugh and Isabel was born abt. 1214. He married Philippa De Standon. Thomas died in 1272.
07. Hugh Dutton, son of Thomas and Philippa. Was born abt. 1251. He married Margaret Risley, daughter of Sir Hugh De Risley. Hugh died in 1294.
08. Hugh Dutton, son of Hugh and Margaret was born on December 5, 1276 in Dutton, Cheshire, England. He married Joan Holland, daughter of Sir Robert Holland and Elizabeth De Samlesbury in abt. 1312. He was a knight. Hugh died in 1326.
09. Thomas Dutton, son of Hugh and Joan was born in 1314. He married Ellen Thornton, daughter of Peter Thornton in 1335. He was sheriff of Cheshire and a knight. He died in 1381.
10. Edmund Dutton, son of Thomas and Ellen was born in 1342. He married Joan Minshull, daughter of Henry Minshull and Tibota De Pulford in abt. 1360 by whom he held the manors of Church Minshull and Aston Mondram. Edmond died in 1366.
11. Hugh Dutton, son of Edmond and Joan was born abt. 1365. He married Petronilla De Vernon. Hugh died in 1440. They had 2 sons, John and Lawrence.
12. John Dutton, son of Hugh and Petronilla was born in 1399. He married Margaret Atherton, daughter of William Atherton and Elizabeth Pilkington in abt. 1427. He was the Mayor of Chester. They had 3 sons: Peter, Richard, and Geoffry. John died in 1461.
13. Peter (Piers) Dutton, son of John and Margaret was born in abt. 1428. He married Elizabeth Grosvenor, daughter of Robert Grosvenor and Joan Fitton in abt. 1464.
14. Peter (Piers) Dutton, son of Peter and Elizabeth was born abt. 1465. He married Elizabeth Foulesherst, daughter of Sir Robert Fouleshert and Joan Vernon in abt. 1479. Peter died on April 8, 1502.
|Surnames that married into my Dutton family|
My Descent From The Dutton Line
|17||Randall Brereton (1485-1530)||Eleanor Dutton (1484-)|
|16||Sir Randall Mainwaring (1495-1577)||Elizabeth Brereton (1505-1545)|
|15||Sir Arthur Mainwaring (1520-1590)||Margaret Mainwaring (1521-1591)|
|14||Richard Cotton (1539-1602)||Mary Mainwaring (1541-1578)|
|13||George Abell (1561-1631)||Frances Cotton (1565-1630)|
|12||Robert Abell (1589)||Joanna (1610-1671)|
|11||Caleb Abell (1646-1731)||Margaret Post (1653-1700)|
|10||Zachariah Loomis (1681-1751)||Joanna Abell (1682-1759)|
|9||Ebenezer Jones (1718-1800)||Zerviah Loomis (1724-1808)|
|8||Miles Jones (1764-1812)||Mehitable Adams (1771-1812)|
|7||Miles Jones (1794-1885)||Pamelia Turner (1805-1883)|
|6||Darius Benjamin Jones (1834-1918)||Marquerite Cowan (1835-1906)|
|5||Nathaniel Henry Hawk (1858-1944)||Anna Irene Jones (1868-1936)|
|4||Ernest August Schwiening (1873-1944)||Grace Myrtle Hawk (1885-1984)|
|3||William Edward Marshall (1901-1981)||Irene Sophia Schwiening (1908-1992)|
|2||William Edward Marshall|
|1||Tod Howard Marshall|
This page was added on 01/20/14 and last updated on 01/20/14
Return to my main page