My Alberti ancestors
The primary source of information on the Alberti line comes from the Parisho Family genealogy linked here.
It provides a very detailed history of the Alberti and related family lines.
01. Andrea Alberti, the first generation that I have found documented was born in 1578 in Venice, Italy. He was Secretary of Treasury
of the Ducal Palace in Venice. He came from the House of Alberti, who were
among the wealthiest Florentine Merchants, Bankers from the 14th century,
and Treasurers of the Pope for over 400 years. His wife was
Lady Veronica Cremona
who he married in 1604. They had one known child, Pietro (Peter).
02. Pietro Caesaro Alberti, son of Andrea and Veronica was born on June 2, 1608 in Venice, Italy. Pietro left Venice to escape religious persecution. He went to Holland and sailed from there on the ship De Coninch David (King David). On May 30, 1635, he landed in New Amsterdam. He was the first Italian settler in America. In 1639, he built a mansion and tobacco plantation at Wallabout. This plantation was later the site of the Brooklyn Navy yard. He married Judith Jans Manje on August 24, 1642, daughter of Jan and Martha (Chambert). They had 7 children together before they were both killed by Indians in 1655. Dutch authorities took charge of the 6 living children who all grew up and married. The 7 children of Pietro and Judith are:
03. Jan (John) Albertus, son of Pietro and Judith was born on August
31, 1643. He married
in Newtown, Queens, New York, daughter of John Scudder and Mary (King).
They had 6 children. Jan died on April 1, 1691 in Newtown. His
wife Elizabeth married William Lawrence after his death and daughter Mehitabel married
William's son from a previous marriage. The 6 children of Jan and Elizabeth
04. Jan Alburtis, son of Jan and Elizabeth was born in 1668 in Hempstead, Long Island, New York. He married Sarah Ellison, daughter of Richard Ellison and Alice Lawrence. They had 4 known children with an "expected child" in 1709 whose name was never discovered. Jan died in 1709 in New Jersey. The 4 children of Jan and Sarah are:
05. Mary Burtis, daughter of Jan and Sarah was born abt. 1703. She married Robert Worthington, son of John and Mary (Owen) on July 31, 1729 in New Jersey. They had 3 known children which are listed on the Worthington page.
|Migration pattern of my Alberti family|
|Italy -- New York --New Jersey|
June 2nd is Alberti Day in celebration of Pietro Alberti.
|Alberti information on the internet|
|http://www.italianhistorical.org - A great website that is devoted to "perpetuating the names of those of Italian heritage that have contributed to the betterment of humankind." Click HERE to see Pietro's page on the site.|
|http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~parisho/a/alberti.html - A detailed ancestry of Pietro though 5 generations to Mary Burtis.|
|Click here for a Facebook group about Alberti descendants|
|http://genforum.genealogy.com/alberti/ - Forum for discussing the Alberti line|
|http://www.italianhistorical.org/alberti.pdf -"Long Island's First Italian, 1639". Online book published in 1943 about Peter's life.|
My Descent From The Alberti Line
|14||Andrea Alberti (1578-)||Veronica Cremona|
|13||Pietro Alberti (1608-1655)||Judith Jawse Manje|
|12||Jan Albertis (1643-1691)||Elizabeth Scudder (1648-)|
|11||Jan Albertis (1668-1708)||Sarah Ellison (1671-1710)|
|10||Robert Worthington (1663-1735)||Mary Burtis (1703-1798)|
|9||Samuel Pearson (1724-1790)||Martha Worthington (1732-)|
|8||Enoch Pearson (1751-1790)||Phoebe DeMoss (1752-1841)|
|7||Charles Paty (1788-1849)||Phoebe Pearson (1789-1868)|
|6||Martin Furnas (1801-1849)||Marcena Patty (1805-1882)|
|5||Thomas Marshall (1822-1870)||Rhoda Furnas (1824-1906)|
|4||William Frank Marshall (1845-1909)||Nancy Emily Crewse (1860-1936)|
|3||William Edward Marshall (1901-1981)||Irene Sophia Schwiening (1908-1992)|
|2||William Edward Marshall|
|1||Tod Howard Marshall|
was last updated on 10/12/16
Return to my main page